OVH is committed to a global certification strategy, so that its infrastructures and services comply with international standards and best practices. This recognition of our expertise serves to increase the trust between OVH and its customers and partners.
ISO/IEC 27001 certification
- OVH has received ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification for the security management of the OVH dedicated server information system. More information available here
- ISMS certification for dedicated servers is based on the certification of the datacentre concerned, and covers all of the servers hosted in certified datacentres
- Currently, the datacentres in Roubaix (RBX 2,3,5,6 and 7) are certified, as well as all datacentres in Strasbourg, Beauharnois, Singapore and Sydney
SOC 1 Type II and SOC 2 Type II certifications
- OVH Private Cloud security is also SOC 1 type II certified (SSAE 16 and ISAE 3402) and SOC 2 type II certified
- These international norms certify that an organisation has been set up with the required internal procedures for managing information system security
PCI DSS Certification
- OVH Private Cloud is also PCI DSS Level 1 certified
- This certification enables OVH customers to benefit from an infrastructure that conforms to the PCI SSC (PCI Standard Security Council) standards for the storing and processing of payment card data
- SecNumCloud is a security benchmark for cloud players, released by the French National Cybersecurity Agency (ANSSI). It outlines a set of requirements to meet in order to receive qualification for a service, and the corresponding security visa. The SecNumCloud qualification is an essential requirement for ensuring that a web hosting solution meets ANSSI's recommendations in terms of security, sovereignty and trust. As a priority, it is aimed at administrative authorities, organisations that are of vital importance, and all economical players that process sensitive data.
- This qualification is based on an extensive internal audit carried out by a SecNumCloud-qualified evaluation organisation, and an analysis of the audit conclusions by the ANSSI qualification board. Every year, a surveillance audit is carried out.
- OVH is in the process of being qualified
STAR self-assessment - Cloud Security Alliance
- This initiative informs OVH customers that our cloud computing services are compliant with the CSA's best practices. It also details the controls that OVH has implemented to ensure that information systems remain secure
- After filling out the CAIQ questionnaire, OVH is now featured in the Cloud Security Alliance's STAR registry, for its Private Cloud solutions
- To find out more and see the questionnaire: https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/star-registrant/ovh/
OVH Cloud recognised by VMware
For its Hosted Private Cloud infrastructure and products, OVH received two awards from VMware, the industry leader in virtualisation software and technology.
- Global Service Provider 2013, 2015. The VMware Global Service Provider of the Year award gives recognition to the cloud computing services provider offering the best quality of service
- vCloud Datacenter certification guarantees that the OVH Cloud complies with the VMware security standards and is interoperable
- Service Provider Partner of the Year for the EMEA region 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- VMware Service Provider Program (VSPP) Partner of the Year for the EMEA zone in 2011, 2012, 2013
- vCloud Service Provider of the Year 2014.
- Partner Innovation Award 2016 in the Service Provider category
- Hybrid Cloud Powered 2015
Best of IT Innovation award 2014
OVH's network solution vRack was awarded the "Best of IT Innovation award 2014" prize by Initiative Mittelstand in Germany (April 2014).
More info: vRack
OpenStack powered certification
After becoming an Infrastructure Donor in 2015 for the OpenStack foundation, OVH received OpenStack Powered certification in October 2016. Today, OVH is working with other providers in the community to standardise OpenStack, in order to guarantee that users' various services are compatible with one other.
Kubernetes Software Compliance
OVH has received Kubernetes compliance certification for the latest versions of the world's leading container orchestration tool. The certification, which is issued by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF, sponsored by OVH), guarantees interoperability between various cloud players and commercial releases of Kubernetes.