Reboot your server in rescue mode
In case of server failure (configuration error, bad linux kernel, hard disk errors), the 'rescue' system restarts your server via the network on a minimal operating system. Thus you can access your server again and make the necessary corrections for recovery or backup your data.
The 'rescue' system can also include, hardware verification tools and software for your server to detect any malfunction or anomaly.
The 'rescue' mode is provided for the following systems:
- For Linux distributions: Debian diskless
- For Windows : Windows XP lite
- For BSD : BSD diskless
Linux rescue mode offers two types of access: either in SSH or via a web interface to perform hardware diagnostics (Hard disk, raid, ram, CPU) and explore your filesystem.
The WinPE rescue mode is available as a remote desktop.
Multiple applications are supplied with this environment as standard:
- Internet browser: Firefox
- DOS command window: CMD-line
- File Explorer: FreeCommander
- Password management: NTPWedit 3.0
- Antivirus : Avast Virus Cleaner tool
- Script to activate/reactivateserver network cards: ActivNIC
- Tool to test hardware: OCCT V3.0.1
- Virtual CD : Virtual Clone Drive
- Script to activate/deactivate a Firewall: SRVfirewalll
- Utility to backup/restore a partition system : SavePart
- Microsoft : SysInternals
BSD rescue mode is accessible with the SSH command line only.