WHOIS access request
Registration Data Directory Services
WHOIS access request
A WHOIS access request, or RDDS procedure, can be used to access the registration data for a specific domain name.
This procedure can be used if you have a legitimate interest, unless the interests, fundamental freedoms and rights of the individual concerned prevail. Any requests that are manifestly excessive or unfounded in their nature will be rejected. In order to process your request, you will need to provide a full description of the legitimate interests you are pursuing as part of this process.
Depending on the role and responsibilities of the person or entity submitting the request, examples of legitimate interests may include using the data for:
- identifying, investigating and/or resolving technical issues or behaviours that compromise the openness, interoperability, resilience, security and/or stability of the DNS and/or internet
- resolving disputes regarding domain name reservation (as opposed to the usage of the domain names, but including when policies take into account the usage of these domain names)
- identifying, investigating and/or responding to potentially deceptive, illegal, malicious or fraudulent activity
- asserting, defending and upholding intellectual property rights
- understanding the source and reliability of the goods or services offered in the online environment
- other uses that are compliant with the ICANN mission approved by OVH
The data collected as part of this procedure is processed by companies within the OVH Group, to review the legitimacy of the request, process it and respond accordingly. The data is conserved by OVH for the entire legally required duration.
To begin the procedure, please send your request to the following email address:
*By contacting OVH, you guarantee to OVH that the information you provide is accurate, and you accept the following conditions: The information that may be sent to you by OVH in response to your request, particularly the contact details of domain name holders, may only be used to pursue a legitimate interest justifying your request ("Legitimate Interest"), with any other purposes excluded. As a data controller for further processing carried out by you for the Legitimate Interests you are pursuing, you agree to comply with the regulations applicable to the aforementioned processing, particularly Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data ("GDPR"), especially to (i) only conserve the aforementioned data for the duration necessary to pursue the Legitimate Interest, (ii) only forward the data to third parties if required to pursue the Legitimate Interest, (iii) ensure that the technical and organisational measures have been put in place to ensure the protection and confidentiality of the aforementioned data, as well as the appropriate guarantees required by Chapter V of the GDPR in the event of transfers outside of the European Union (these measures and guarantees must also be put in place by the third parties to whom the data will be sent), and (iv) respect the rights of the persons concerned. Under these terms, you guarantee OVH against any legal recourse, complaints or legal action.