Managed Kubernetes® service features
The best of Public Cloud, linked to a production-ready Kubernetes® service
Fully managed by OVH
OVH deploys, hosts and maintains all of the components needed for Kubernetes® to work, including updates linked to bugs and security patches. We also maintain the necessary components on your nodes. Enjoy all the advantages of a certified Kubernetes® administrator after downloading your kubeconfig file and concentrate solely on your activities. Our teams oversee the software elements and underlying hardware, which also benefits from OVH’s Anti-DDoS protection.
Load Balancer and pod autoscaling
Your Kubernetes® service is ready to use in just a few minutes, and your worker nodes are provided in less than 120 seconds. The scheduler displays new services or replicates them on your nodes in a matter of seconds. The integration of the OVH Load Balancer allows you to efficiently distribute traffic over multiple nodes. You can set CPU/RAM quotas, health conditions and automatic scaling for your pods.
You can add persistent volumes to your worker nodes. These are supported by the additional disks where you choose the size or type (standard or high-performance, billed to the nearest gigabyte). This ensures the durability of your stateful application data.
- RBAC: the role-based access control functionality is activated and allows you to deploy services requiring this level of access.
- Guaranteed resources: by using OVH Public Cloud instances, you benefit from guaranteed resources (CPU, RAM, disk) for your worker nodes.
- Multiple versions and upgrades: you can choose to use Kubernetes® 1.11 or 1.12. We will offer you other versions and their future developments.
- OS maintained by OVH: we deploy and maintain a low-footprint operating system on our nodes, optimised for the execution of containers.
- Simple interface: the OVH Control Panel lets you configure, add or delete nodes. You can also easily install the Kubernetes® Dashboard.
- Nodes autoscaling (new for 2019): dynamically add computing resources to your cluster according to the combined needs of all of your nodes.
- Choice of location (new for 2019): choose the region where your cluster will be hosted.
- Integration with vRack (new for 2019): choose to display your cluster and its services publicly, or solely on your private OVH network.
And many more features!